Pages

Thursday 16 July 2009

Reaching the Stars


On the 21st July 1969 Neil Armstrong landed on the moon. In 2001 I was fortunate to see him present to an audience on Broadway, New York, where for one hour he spoke about his adventures. This is not something he is known for doing, so priviliged we all were. What stuck in my mind since actually watching the moon landing at the age of 8 and then seeing him at the age of 40 has been the incredible achievement that can be reached if only we believe the impossible is possible. I am living life like this now.

Last weekend I passed the Dale Carnegie endorsement to become a trainer and although that was excellent for me, it was the participants of the programme that showed me anything was possible. A small excersise I ran asked the class to lay down and visualise taking off from the earth and landing on the moon. What would be the first words you spoke if you had been Neil Armstrong? I placed a step ladder from the hotel in the centre of the room and the responses were inspirational. Everything from "women were first to the moon" - "this human made it so can everyone else" and one of my favourites was "I can hold the whole world in my hands". This reminded me of when Neil Armstrong spoke of how beautiful but fragile our planet looked.

If in two days we can develop our ability to stretch our capabilties further then there is no reason why Humans will not be able to send a craft of some description to the stars.

The mind has the ability to visualise anything, try imagining achieving something you thought impossible for you and see how much nearer that becomes for you to actually try. After my back operation I imagined climbing mountains to raise money for poorly children and now I actually do it. Do something amazing today and shout from the rooftops when you achieve it. We all want to hear you. The stars are part of us so reach for them and you will do the impossible.

Frank Steggall
Consultant

www.London.dalecarnegie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.