Pages

Monday 16 May 2011

Building Relationships in Las Vegas

Last week I enjoyed the best road trip that I’ve ever done in my life. My wife and I flew to Las Vegas and we drove 1,000 miles to San Francisco through the Sequoia Forest and Yosemite Forest. We had plenty of unforgettable times and what strives me is how our attitude can modify the way we see the reality.

Having planned the whole trip a few months ago, on the first day in Las Vegas my wife had a perforated ear drum and I was in pain too and we had to go to the hospital. Suddenly, we lost over 4 hours and $1,200 in medical bills. Fortunately, we have good insurance! Anyway, this issue could have affected our entire trip and we could have complained about how much bad luck we had had. However, instead of complaining and blaming others and even ourselves, this incident gave us the opportunity to meet a bunch of local people and understand the culture of life in Las Vegas and in America.

Even with our discomfort and pain, we really enjoyed meeting new people and they were absolutely surprised about how interested we were in them. I think it was not a surprise that we had the best ever experience in a Hospital in terms of customer service. Everyone was really pleasant and they showed a real interest in us as well.


I will be reminded forever of the doctor spending over 15 minutes explaining what was happening as we were receiving treatment.

This experience showed me the importance of the Dale Carnegie Principle number 4, “Become genuinely interested in other people”
Show respect, show interest and you’ll receive respect and interest from others.


Jose Bort
Performance Consultant
www.london.dalecarnegie.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.