Pages

Tuesday 27 September 2011

LIMITLESS

On the 19th of September 2011 the unthinkable was achieved as the light barrier was broken for the first time. I accept that at the time of writing the results are being checked and rechecked, but as it stands the world-wide scientific community has been in shock with these extraordinary claims.

What seemed impossible....no longer is. If you know your history you would know that there was a time when many people thought the Earth was flat or that we were in a geocentric universe.

Based on this new evidence, I think that some self-reflection is in order. Think about it, what can you achieve that you thought was completely beyond you?
About a year ago, I left the comforts of working in the family business to pursue a career with Dale Carnegie as a performance consultant. This year I am about to start the long and arduous process of training to become a coach / trainer. I have been informed that it is very challenging to balance both the role of a consultant and a trainer successfully. When you spend more time on one the other area the other suffers and so forth.

This has just made me even more determined to succeed. Luckily for me all the tools are here for me to succeed, the people, the training, my mentor. I know if I don’t make it, it will be simply because I am not trying hard enough.

To ensure that I stay focussed throughout the process I have goals. I have mapped out the next five years for myself with key milestones to be achieved along the way.
You must hear that all time....”it is important to have goals”......”it is important to write them down”...and so on. You hear it all the time because it’s true.

We help improve the performance of companies by improving the performance of their people. I use this sentence with pride on a regular basis but appreciate that it can be misleading. Most people automatically assume that we only work with the largest companies and conglomerates. Even though we are proud that many of the big players in any industry are amongst our clientele, in the last year here in London almost 70% of our business was with either individuals or small to medium businesses.
So if you fall into one of the latter categories please note that we offer a complete range of courses, from your webinars, one / two day seminars and longer time spaced programmes.

If you are interested to find out more please visit our website (www.london.dalecarnegie.co.uk) and talk to one of our many consultants who would be happy to arrange a complimentary consultation to help you gain some clarity as to where you should be focussing your time and energy to get the results you are looking for.




I would like to leave you with a couple of quotes the first by Albert Einstein and the second by Richard Bach.

“Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.”

“There is such a thing as perfection...and our purpose for living is to find that perfection and show it forth....Each of us is in truth an unlimited idea of freedom. Everything that limits us we have to put aside.”

Amar Garcha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.