Pages

Wednesday 3 August 2011

What I sell vs. What people buy


Just got an email from someone inviting me to a workshop about Health & Wellbeing.

Since I'm trying to eat more healthy I was interested and opened the invitation to check the details. It had all this wonderful things about the speaker and her credentials on the topic, and it was asking lots of good questions around some of the health problems people face.

Got to the end of the flyer and I was wondering what will I get by attending? Why should I invest my time & money to go to this event when the internet is full of free information?

And then I remembered (when you are trying to sell an idea) how important it is to talk about the Application/ Outcome not just the Features & Benefits (FAB's). Most companies sell products/ services that have many good FAB's but how many of them talk about the outcomes their customers will expect to get?

Here are a couple of examples:

The Dale Carnegie Course
Feature: Participants learn & practice 30 Human Relations principles
Benefit: They'll be better equipped when dealing with disengaged team members
Outcome: Able to hold difficult conversations without creating conflict

The Leadership Training for Managers programme
Feature: Participants practice techniques on managing performance
Benefit: Clear and consistent standards across the team
Outcome: Appraisals become more than 'tick the box' exercises and outline things to focus on to deliver results

Would you like to know an effective way to articulate the outcomes for your clients?
Please contact us on 0207 379 4323 for a complimentary 45 minutes consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.