Pages

Friday 10 September 2010

Essential Looks

There I was, thirty minutes before the show and the choreographer said: 'Models, lets rehearse once or twice before the show!' I thought to myself 'Rehearse what? I wasn't told anything about this!'

I do modelling in my spare time and this event took place at a Hair Showcase in Manchester yesterday. Basically myself and a few other models were completely unaware of this choreography. The organisers just assumed we could pick up the steps just like that, and also the delay in getting there due to the M6 closure didn't help.

I was feeling quite nervous and in a way frustrated that I wasn't told about this sooner so I could have practiced. Then I thought of the Dale Carnegie principles:

  • What's the worst that can happen? -I can forget the steps and the audience will know it.
  • Prepare to accept the worst - This happens to a lot of models and they still got offered work.
  • Try to improve on the worst -Because there wasn't any more time to practice I got a piece of paper, sketched the choreography and ran though it in my head a few times until I was confident I knew what I was doing.
This situation is often found in business, the boss changes the strategy and you have to drive the business in the opposite direction, the client suddenly demands additional details to be added to the project at the last minute or a colleague asks you to do a presentation for them in the afternoon.

So when you find yourself in a challenging situation...Do the best you can!

Or you can come along to the Dale Carnegie Course and learn to think on your feet, handle and adapt to rapid change, control your attitude and be confident in any situation! Click here for more details

Corina Balaneanu
Sales Consultant

www.London.dalecarnegie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.