Pages

Friday 20 March 2009

Leap of Faith .....

Is now the time to take risks and do things you've never done before? I was running a seminar for a group of business managers two weeks ago and was particularly struck when during a discussion about the dreaded 'credit crunch' one of the participants suggested if you weren't in sales before 1997 you were in for a rude awakening about what it was like to sell in a difficult market.

As business people we are being called upon to go and sell the value of our products and services in a way we haven't had to do in the past decade. If bookings on presentations skills programmes is an indicator that people are being asked to get out there and see more clients then the answer is definitely YES.

We're certainly in a time when we have to try new things to succeed. So ... in challenging times is it important to look before you leap? This final question came in into my mind when I found myself standing on a ledge in the French Alps last week ... snow board strapped to my feet and asking myself the question .. How did I get here? Stupiditiy is one answer!

My conclusion to the quesiton of looking before you leap is ... look but don't look for too long, the drop just seems to get bigger!

Now is the time to take action ... be it in business or French Mountains!:-)

David Anderson
Managing Director
http://www.london.dalecarnegie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.